Whether you are upgrading a Charlton Area luxury condo to rent out, or you're remodeling your home to make it more inviting and luxury, you confront a difficult choice: should you choose bamboo flooring or hardwood floors?
Comparing bamboo and"typical" hardwood flooring materials is tough since the contrast is not apples-to-apples. Bamboo, technically, is not even wood. It's actually a kind of quick growing, quite hard grass. Bamboo can be incredibly diverse. Some sorts of bamboo are all very, very tender (such as pine). Other species are incredibly hard -- harder even than North American Maple and Red Oak. All told, there are more than 1,000 species of bamboo. Each varies in terms of durability, hardness, tone and coloration.
Wood has dominated Western markets for decades (if not centuries). But bamboo was a very common selection for a thousand years in East Asia. Nowadays, more and more Western companies, homeowners and contractors are investing in bamboo for a variety of reasons:
- Depending on how you harvest, bamboo could be much more"environmentally friendly" than traditional hardwood materials;
- It's easier to re-grow bamboo;
- The substance is more elastic, beautiful and durable;
- Market changes have pushed down the price of bamboo in some regions;
- Many brand new"cutting edge" designs call for bamboo -- the East Asian aesthetic has definitely taken hold here in Northern California.
Deciding on the Best Hardwood Flooring Option
Is traditional hardwood or pre-finished bamboo the ideal solution for youpersonally? To create a the very best flooring choice possible, visit the team here at Charlton Floors to get a free, comprehensive consultation regarding your flooring needs. Give us a call now at 020 3151 1820 Or fill out our contact form here on our site.